SGS, at the Forefront in Compliance Verification of Environmental Good Practices Guides at Harbors
Decree 2/2011, September 5th, approves Spain’s Ports and Merchant Navy Regulation in their article 245 on grants for activity and use fee, determining the conditions to observe so that owners of the license allowing goods’ handling in harbors, owners of authorization of good’s handling terminals and owners of authorizations to perform fishing, nautical-sports or ship’s construction, reparation, transformation or scrapping activities, will be granted 15% of the activity fee (and 20% for the part of the fee corresponding to traffic of solid or liquid bulk goods) they have to pay to the harbors they are located.
Such requirements demanded to handlers who want to be subjected to the granting are:
- To be registered in the EMAS (Environmental Management and Audit System) or to have implemented an environmental management system based in UNE-EN-ISO-14001 certified by an organization accredited by National Accreditation Body (ENAC), and whose scope ranges all services related to the subject of the authorization.
- To have an agreement with the Harbor Authorities in relation to Environmental Good Practices.
To assess the compliance and to allow the owners of the activities subjected to such regulation to adapt to the activity fee grant, SGS ICS Ibérica, S.A. performs the following activities:
- Third Party, or with scheduled periods from the UNE-EN-ISO 14001 / EMAS certification audit, Verification Audits of Compliance of environmental good practices approved by Spain’s Ports authorities, whether they are initial, monitoring, renovation or certification transference from other Certification Bodies audits.
- Validation of Environmental Paper for presentation to the Port’s Relevant Authority.
- Issuance of ISO 14001/EMAS compliance certificates and compliance reports of good environmental practices guide approved by Spain’s Ports.
- Yearly Monitoring Verification Compliance Audits.
Loreto del Río Bermúdez
Andalucía-Centro / Certificación
Responsable de Desarrollo de Nuevos Productos
Coordinación Comercial Granada y Almería
SGS (SGS ICS Ibérica, S.A.)
C/Arzobispo Pedro de Castro, 5
Edificio Columbia II, Local 4
18013 - Granada - España
t: +34 958 20 06 64
m: +34 660 38 31 31
f: +34 958 20 27 41
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.