SGS Emergency Services Collaborates in the Lifesaving and Life Support in an Aquatic Environment Seminars at A Coruña’s University
SGS Emergency Services collaborates in the next Professional Aquatic Lifesaving Seminars organized by GIAAS (Aquatic and Lifesaving Activities Research Group) that will take place between April 26th and 28th 2013 at A Coruña’s University Phys Ed and Sports Science Faculty at Bastiagueiro – Oleiros.
In this seventh edition of the “Prehospital Lifesaving and Life support in Aquatic Environment Seminars”, which already has the support of 17 university bodies and 37 private and public organizations coming from 5 different countries with SGS Emergency Services amongst them, conferences, case studies, workshops, protocols and experience-sharing activities will be performed through an interactional methodology, aimed at the training and educational, labour, first-aid and management sectors.
Objective of the Seminars:
- To interlink the academic, scientific, training and profesional environments with the lifesaving sector.
- To promote the idea of a lifesaving based in scientific evidence, opposed to traditional lifesaving based in personal opinions and intuitions.
- To improve and update the participants’ skills with theoretical and practical activities.
- To insist in the improvement of prehospital treatment conditions of those involved in accidents that occurred in aquatic environment.
- To highlight the reduction of the seriousness of accidents occurred in aquatic environment and also the reduction of deaths produced as a consequence of those accidents.
- To promote a collaborative environment with university, municipal, professional and entrepreneurial bodies to achieve the previous objectives.
- To improve the knowledge of the lifesaving sector through the sharing of experiences and researches from other countries.
- To strengthen Universidad de A Coruña’s image as a model for lifesaving investigation and training.
For more information and registrations, please contact with:
David Pérez Vázquez
SGS Emergency Services
SGS Española de Control, S. A.
Polígono industrial Cabezo Beaza
C/ Bucarest, parcela 115
30353 - Cartagena (Murcia) - ESPAÑA
t: +34 968 32 42 00
f: +34 968 52 29 46
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.