SGS audits “Q” Quality Tourism for Castilla y León’s Board Natural Spaces Network
On July 3, 2013, SGS completed the “Q” Quality Tourism audit process (UNE 187.002:2011) at Castilla y León’s Natural Spaces Network, a region recognized across Europe for its rich biodiversity and natural heritage.
This is the first time a Protected Natural Spaces Network site (a number of natural spaces managed under a common co-operative system) has been successfully audited and awarded Quality Tourism certification.
The audit, performed by SGS, has assessed compliance against UNE 187.002:2011 at Castilla y León’s Natural Heritage Foundation’s offices and the nine Natural Parks in the region that are included in the system’s scope:
- Valle de Iruelas Park House
- Sierra de Gredos (North Zone) “Pinos Cisneros” Park House
- Monte Santiago Park House
- Monte Guareña Park House
- Picos de Europa (Oriental Sector) “Valdeburón” Park House
- Fuentes Carrionas and Fuente Cobre – Montaña Palentina Park House
- Las Batuecas – Sierra de Francia Park House
- Hoces del Río Duratón Park House
- Cañón del Río Lobos Park House
For more information, please contact:
C/ de los Abetos, 1 2ª Planta
t: +983 345 703
f: +983 345 775
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,500 offices and laboratories around the world.