Oil and Gas Underground Gas Storage
Support for all stages of underground gas storage (UGS) planning and operation, from feasibility studies to drilling and monitoring.
Underground Gas Storages (UGS) are designed to ensure the reliability, flexibility and security of gas supply. The development of UGS in depleted oil & gas fields, salt caverns or aquifers requires detailed assessment of geological subsurface risks such as:
- Cushion gas requirement
- Production capacity
- Seal capacity of the overburden
- Structural integrity of reservoir
At SGS, we can support all stages of UGS planning and operation.
Why use SGS for your UGS related questions?
We offer a wide range of services from basic (pre)feasibility studies to full field static and dynamic modeling in the field of Underground Gas Storages. Additionally, services related to drilling and completion design of wells, monitoring of well integrity or micro-seismic monitoring are provided. Our strength lies in our strong interdisciplinary workforce, comprising geologists and engineers, with diverse experience to ensure the integration of tasks, which can include:
- Screening of depleted oil/gas fields for identifying storage potential
- Feasibility studies for gas storage expansion
- Performance evaluation of gas storage operation
- Detailed 3D static and dynamic modeling for storage design and optimization
- Drilling and completion design
- Well integrity monitoring
- Geomechanical modeling
- Micro-seismic monitoring
Contact us today find out more about our UGS services.