SGS Participates in Project Carbonfeel for the Development of Carbon Footprint’s Semantics and Calculation Methodologies
Aware of the challenges and cooperation and parties alignment requirements that Climate Change demands, SGS has joined Carbonfeel in a collaborative project to provide society of an accessible, transparent and comparable method to calculate the Carbon Footprint.
This project’s objectives are:
- Standardization of a mixed-mode carbon footprint’s calculation methodology, in compliance with the most used International regulations, both on comparative (ISO 14064 y GHG Protocol) and product levels (PAS 2050).
- Standardization of the carbon footprint verification and certification process.
- To provide an accessible, transparent and comparable carbon footprints labelling.
- Integration of all previous points in the information society via use of those new Technologies prescribed in the project.
Who will be interested in Carbonfeel?
- First of all, the Environment and the Environmental Authorities, looking for scenarios to ease the performance of those companies supporting real products and services…
- ... service provider companies willing to work in creating an aware business that will allow their clients to obtain an accessible, transparent and comparable Carbon Footprint certificate.
- ... but, above all, Carbonfeel is aimed at all companies supporting the development and improvement of their services towards a reduction of their carbon load and willing to prove it in a fair, verified, certificated and labelled scenario.
SGS is the world leader in provision of climate change services; trust your carbon footprints in compliance with internationally accepted standards (PAS 2050, ISO 14046, GHG) to our experts board.
C/Trespaderne 29, 3ª Planta
t: +34913138071 SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 67,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,250 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 67,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,250 offices and laboratories around the world.